New User With 351w Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter scottericsonon
  • Start date Start date
S

scottericsonon

Guest
hello all

im in the midst of yanking the dead 300 from my 81 bronco and replacing it with a freshly rehabbed 351W

im running into a problem with my clutch linkage

the end of the "Z" bar went to a pivot ball that was attached to the block on my 300 but theres no spot for it to screw into my 351

does anyone know where i can put my hands on the bracket for it??

does ford still make them?
if so anybody know the part number??

or is this something im going to have to fab for myself???


also does anyone know offhand if car manifolds (80 lincoln town car)will fit a bronco??

or should i just break down and spend the extra bucks on a set of headers??

TIA
scott
 
As for the manifolds... they have to be off of a 351w, and they will fit, if you use 302 manifolds, the passengers side will hit the firewall, and prevent proper flange sealing.

As for the piviot ball, look on the lower drivers side, rear of the block, you should see a machined casting, about the size of a dime. This has to be drilled and tapped to accept the piviot ball bolt. This may be easier with the engine out of the truck. I would probably just weld a stud in its place.
 
There are two brackets that I cn find in my 80 - 86 parts catalog. One for a bracket mounted on the framd with a pivot ball PN E0TZ-7507 and one that mounts on what looks like the bell housing or close to it PN 7A572. I only have the basic part number for the last one, for some reason it doesn't show up in the main catalog. I doubt that Ford still carries them, however, they have a parts inventory system that can search every dealer in the country. I have had success this way by asking the parts guy to search in that sysetm. It tells who still has one in their stock room. From there you can call the dealer/s to get it.

Or try your luck ag your local friendly auto recycler.

Good luck,
 
thanx fr the info

the lincoln manifolds ARE for a 351 ................... theyre off of the engine thats going into the bronco..was originally in an 80 town car

ive checked one or two yards for the pivot ball bracket but havent been able to locate one

ill be at a new yard tomorow pulling brackets and stuff so ill have to look there

the lincoln had a serp belt setup and none of the brackets fit my stuff (alt ps pump etc)


also does anyone know if there is diferent timing chain covers????

i tried bolting up my new water pump (for a 351 bronco) to the lincoln motor and theres a bolt hole in the timing cover that has no corrisonding hole in the pump


TIA
scott
 
Yes, on the timing covers, Ford lists atleast 3 different ones for the 302-351, but it appears the only difference is thickness. the misalignment is most likely the water pump. I recieved three different pump gaskets in my engine kit. and only one timing cover.

Man I wish I would have seen your post yesterday, I just trashed a COMPLETE serpentine setup off a '89 351 this morning, of corse I have been trying to off load it here for a while, with no intrest. So I guess you shouldn't have trouble finding a complete set-up.

Like Seabronc...got to clean the shop, and a bare block takes up less room.
 
crap

im not quite sure what to do

i dunno if i should worry about that bolt hole and take that pump back or what

crap crap crap lol

anybody have any ideas?????

im trying to do this thing on a low buck so buying a serp belt set up is out im thinking

does anyone know if that lincoln water pump is sposed to be reverse rotation or anything goofy like that??

TIA
scott
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top