bruce78f250
New Member
I have a 78 f250 with 6,000 miles on a rebuilt motor and mostly new parts. I have a reman'd starter, new flex plate and a completely rebuilt motor with some after market parts. I drove the car to work, its like half a mile. After I shut it off, I tried to restart the vehicle to go somewhere. The problem I have is that when I turn the ignition i can hear the starter engage but the flexplate doesnt turn. I've done everything but ground the starter to the vehicle while its not attached to the engine and run it to verify that it works. I cant figure out whats going on, replaced the old starter and solenoid today. I also checked the fluids and rotated the motor by hand with a socket and a breaker bar. I dont know whats going on with my motor and everyone else I've run into seems to be puzzled by the perdicament that I'm in.