New To Broncozone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clifford
  • Start date Start date
C

Clifford

Guest
Hello everyone, I just found this great web site and plan to be spending alot of time here. I have had my bronco for about 3 years now, and I love everything about it. However, I wish to learn everything I can about it. Currently, I just replaced my gears down to 4.10 (rear) 4.09 (front), and put in a detroit true trac in the rear. However, I still have some overheating issues. My truck constantly runs on the "L" on the word "NORMAL" , which I know can't be good. I have already replaced the thermostat, and flushed the radiator. Next step is to replaced the radiator, unless anyone has some advice. Anyways, just wanted to say hi to everyone. Late.
 

Attachments

  • pic04.jpg
    pic04.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 15
Good lookin' Bronco!!! Welcome to the b-zone.

Sounds like you might want to replace your water pump, you can check it by starting the engine when it's cold with the radiator cap off, let it run for a while to allow the thermostat time to open, 10-15 minutes, when the thermostat opens (the engine has warmed up) you should be able to see the radiator fluid go from still to flowing briskly.
This is what I would do to check the water pump flow, I'm not sure how to check if your radiator is plugged.
 
Welcome to the Zone. I agree, fan clutch or water pump, but also, just a quick check here, but you are not putting in that dexcool crap right? It's the red antifreeze. That is for GM only. Also, have you checked to make sure all of your hoses are good? Good Luck and sweet rig! :D/
 
Thank you all for your help. After taking all of your advice, I found that my fan clutch is the problem. Thank you, and I hope to be up and running by next weekend!! I can't thank you enough.
 
Oh yeah, Windchaser: I did make sure I have right anitfreeze and hoses are looking good. thanks.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top