New Process Tranny

  • Thread starter Thread starter nashman69g
  • Start date Start date
N

nashman69g

Guest
I have a 78 f-150 it currently has a NP435 in it...The housing on the trans is cracked...I bought a NP435 tranny from a salvage yard and it came from a 80-86 bronco...I heard that the NP435 transmission was the same but I think that it is not---my reason is I brought the truck and bronco trans to my mechanic and he said that the side that attaches to the transfer case is different than the one on the truck now and said it won't work... what needs to be done to make this work.
 
It probably isn't a 4wd tranny. Did it come out of a 2wd truck?
 
Try and see if you can switch the tail-shafts. They should come off. I'm not a tranny expert, though. Any thoughts from the zone????
 
I thought so...I need to go over to my mechanic and tell him to swap the tail shafts...



thanks
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top