New Guy

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
Hey. How's it going? I got my Bronco about a week ago and I'm lovin' it. I have some plans for it, if I actually get to them. I've already got my stereo hooked up, although I'm going to put in my JBL W10GTi as soon as I build my box. I've had the sub for about 2 months and the material for 1 month. I've just been busy with 2 jobs. School's coming up, too.
Here's a list of my pics: http://members.tccoa.com/93pimpin/Bronco/
Here's the same pics on my CarDomain page: www.cardomain.com/id/ben_cline
Bronco01.jpg

I have over 2,700 posts on one of the other forums I'm on. 165 on SoundIllusions.net. I can post plenty, as long as I have something to post on. I'm usually a wiring guy, dealing with stereos and lighting and some interior working like vinyling and interior painting.

Here are a couple of my profiles:
http://soundillusions.net/Forum/member.php?u=5729
http://forums.tccoa.com/member.php?action=...&threadid=45290

Messenger/E-Mail
MSN: [email protected]
Yahoo!: [email protected]
AOL: Bronco88351 -or- BenCCougar
 
Nice truck. Its always good to have someone on the site that knows wiring, you never know when you might need some help. Welcome to the zone.
 
Thanks a lot, guys. I do alright at wiring. I find a lot of stuff on www.the12volt.com as far as relays and other misc. stuff goes. I had part of my MFS go out on my Cougar, so I had to wire my headlights to my remote foglights. That was fun...and kinda cool. I'd like to hook up 4 fogs on my truck. Someone took off the spare tire rack, so I might put a spotlight on there, like in case someone is following too close. :D Replace the reverse bulbs with a couple cheapo foglights that were given to me. Who knows...depends on how the living situation goes down this fall.
 
That a nice lookin bronco you got there.
Wlcome to the B-Zone.
 
What are you plans for the truck. Do you plan on lifting it. It sounds like you know alot about systems. I have 2 Rockford Fosgate 15" Power HX2's and 2 Lanzar Competition 1500D amps. It knocks a little ;). I have some trouble with the power sources. If I'm going to wire up a yellow top Optima battery, should I run it through my altenator or should i just wire it straight to my amps. If I run it straight to the amps I'll have to charge the battery every night... Well any help you can give is appreciated.
 
GTFord said:
What are you plans for the truck. Do you plan on lifting it. It sounds like you know alot about systems. I have 2 Rockford Fosgate 15" Power HX2's and 2 Lanzar Competition 1500D amps. It knocks a little ;). I have some trouble with the power sources. If I'm going to wire up a yellow top Optima battery, should I run it through my altenator or should i just wire it straight to my amps. If I run it straight to the amps I'll have to charge the battery every night... Well any help you can give is appreciated.
I would definitely recommend upgrading your alternator. You could use two batteries, but that would increase the strain on the alternator. I would just go with the Optima, upgraded alternator (get a good one, like from www.mralternator.com ) or at least get your original one rebuilt to run hotter, which will put out more power and make it run more efficiently. I would also upgrade the ground wire on the battery, the one going from the chassis to the battery. Check this page out: http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimat...ic;f=5;t=007801

I don't plan on lifting it, but I wanna put 33"s or something close and some 15-16"s on. A brush guard, getting tint, clear corners, and some other little stuff down the road, too.


Some good places for audio are:

www.sounddomain.com in their "open box" section for good new stuff with warranties, and
www.ikesound.com for stuff without warranties. Find what you want, and search it up on the net. I talk on SoundIllusions.net and do some frequent audio discussion.


Thanks a lot for reading my post. It's my b-day today, so I'm gonna try and get my box for my JBL W10GTi built later on, and get drunk, too. :D L8r!
 
thanks a ton, that website answered alot of my questions. Good luck with the bronco it looks very nice (well all broncs do). I think i'll just buy a new alternator and a yellow top optima. Thanks
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top