New Guy To The Board

  • Thread starter Thread starter newsuperbronc
  • Start date Start date
N

newsuperbronc

Guest
hey whats up everyone

im new to owning a big brono just was purchased sportin 33's with a 400mmotor and a 4 inch lift any suggestions to what i can do or common problems i might run into
 
glad you are here asking about bb(big bronco's)
if you plan on driving you bb everyday you should look for an 351w or a 302
junk the 400 they make good anchors.
 
I disagree with that. The 400 is a very strong engine, and can easily be make even better for only a little more than it'd cost for any other engine rebuild. Telling him to swap to a different engine family will cast for more than building the 400
 
I agree with Davids, The 351m/400's are good motors just get bad wraps by some. in that bronco the 400 will out last and walk all over the 351w. I've got 2 of em. I've tried and still trying to kill my M block so i can rebuild it. It's limping on 7cyl and still enough TQ to take my bronco on 35" boggers any place i want. I'm one not to replace motors in my mud toy's till milk it for all it's got.

If he wanted to do a motor it'll be cheaper to go with a 460 since they use the same tranny bolt pattern. plus everyone i know with mildly built big blocks get the same and some better MPG then a 351w. if my choice i'd opt'd for the more power of the big block with same fuel mileage then half the power 351w IMO

this link should help with the 351m/400's

http://www.projectbronco.com/Technical_Art..._the_rumors.htm
 
When I bought my 79 bronco I replaced the timing chain with a double roller and
installed a new melling oil pump. The engine is a 400 and has 96,000 miles and the
timing chain was completely shot. The clutch was bad too. We also rebuilt the
transmission and transfer case, and rebuilt the steering components.

:D/
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top