New England Trails

shaun94

bronco commander
I live in New Hampshire and their are a few decent trails that i know about, But i'm fairly new to fourwheeling and was wandering if anobody knew of any good trails in N.H or new england. [-o<
 
There are three in western MA that we have been too. I dont have the directions here at work with me but if you do a web search for Beacon Trail, MA Bell or Florida Road you can find some write ups with pictures.


Florida Road(north west ma)-mild-nothing too tricky. :mellow:

MA Bell(south west ma)-sweet! Lots of harder stuff but go arounds for most. :D

Beacon(western ma)-Some very tough sections. Go arounds for the first 2 but the 3'd we winched all but 2 of our group over. :)



I'll post the directions later when I can.

Sean
Princeton, MA
75 Bronco
 
actually my evaluation of Florida Road is a little off. There is one hard section at the beginning that I ripped my gas tank out on!! Ooops! There was an easy go around though.

Sean
 
Silver lake South nh is pretty fun lots of mud,some rocks.
JFR-
 
i live in NH pretty close to the mass line. (Greenville) there is PLENTY of good wheeling around, you just have to find out what is LEGAL to wheel. there are lots of class 6 roads out there that make for a fun trip. Powerlines are good if you can get LAND OWNER PERMISSION. you should visit www.neow.net some time. its full of a great bunch of guys its based all on wheeling in NE..... btw i think i heard some troubles coming up about Fla. rd in Mass.
 
yes you did hear that. i look at neow alot to and they are talking about closing florida rd.
 
There is about five of us that get together on Sundays, and we go up through the Springfield, Grafton, Wilmot, area in New Hampshire. I called the Springfield town office and the lady there faxed me a map and list of all the class 6 roads. We found that once you actually get out on the trails you meet a bunch of people and they can usually tell you where you can go and where to stay away. Also there is a map, ( I got mine at Cumberland Farms) that is a geological map. It is a big red book and in there it shows you trails, old railroad beds and some class 6 roads also. I am not sure where in NH you live but if you are in the Andover- Franklin- New Loundon area, there is a lot trails, also if you see someone at the gas station, in a big 4X4, just ask, most everybody is super friendly and will be glad to let you know where the good mud holes are.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top