New Engine

TSboomer11786

New Member
I am a new user here and I just threw a bearing on my 75 f100 it has a 360. SO instead of rebuilding the engine my girl friends dad offered to give me an 86ish 302 5.0l mustang engine that is in good shape and did run. I am curious as to what adapters I will need which I dunno where to find them. ANY IDEAS??? PLEASE HELP
 
I am a new user here and I just threw a bearing on my 75 f100 it has a 360. SO instead of rebuilding the engine my girl friends dad offered to give me an 86ish 302 5.0l mustang engine that is in good shape and did run. I am curious as to what adapters I will need which I dunno where to find them. ANY IDEAS??? PLEASE HELP
check with L&L the only thing you should need is motor mounts and frame mount.
 
gonna need a tranny too.360 is a fe bellhousing.
may need a radiator or pump depending on what side it dumps.gonna need all the brakets to mount the P.S> pump,alt,a/c,etc.
exhaust will have to be modified to fit the 302.
frame mount towers as mentioned.
 
Do I need a new trans or can I just get a bell housing from an 80's mustang that will match up? I have an aluminum radiator from a cobra mustang, new headers, and a fly wheel that came on the engine. Is a kevlar clutch a good idea?
 
you shouldn't have any prob finding a bellhousing.Don't get me lieing to you about kevlar clutches...I never had one.the cenetr force clutches have never let me down,they have several differant kinds maybe even kevlar.
 
I am a new user here and I just threw a bearing on my 75 f100 it has a 360. SO instead of rebuilding the engine my girl friends dad offered to give me an 86ish 302 5.0l mustang engine that is in good shape and did run. I am curious as to what adapters I will need which I dunno where to find them. ANY IDEAS??? PLEASE HELP
Good luck but you will need more than you think.The radiator will be fine but will need new hoses, motor mounts,frame mounts; exsaust system if it is stick then you will also need a bellhousing and probibly a z-bar bracket that bolts to the block because of the different block and if auto than a different tranny.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top