New Bumper/license Plate Lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter rjewer
  • Start date Start date
R

rjewer

Guest
Hi all,

I just installed a new Fey bumper on a 95 Bronco. I'm in the process of installing the lights for the license plate. There are two wires going to the original light from the wire harness and only one coming off the new light. The instructions show only one wire coming from the wire harness and the one coming from the new light. Fey supplied a crimper device to splice the wires together but it is only designed for these two wires. What to I do about the second wire coming from the trucks wire harness and which one do I use? Thanks for the help, I'm sure there is a simple answer to this newbie question.

Ron
Gardner, MA
 
Ford uses a two wire system one is a hot when you turn on your marker lights the other is a ground. Aparently the bumper manufacturer is depending on ground thru the attachment to the chassis. If you only hook up the hot lead and you have a good chasis ground thru the bolts, they should work when you turn on your lights.

Good Luck,
:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top