New Bronco Purchased Need Info Though...

  • Thread starter Thread starter broncochuck
  • Start date Start date
B

broncochuck

Guest
Ok, Just purchased a 1990 Bronco from ebay. woohooooo You have no idea how many times Ive been outbid by $20 bucks! but anyways

Ok heres the problem. The bronco is in Miami FL. Yea I know I should have thought of this first but I didnt think I was going to win.

I live in Pensacola Fl about 11 hrs and 695miles away.

I'm going to fly in (cheap only 127 bucks) and drive back.

What do I need to look for prior to driving it back? The seller said it runs and drives fine and there should be no issues prior to taking it back. I just need to know what to look for when I get there. What to check? Other then the tires and the oil and trans fluid that about all I can think of. I guess I should get the oil changed prior to leaving that way I could see it up on a lift but what else.

Any chance the airport would let me check my tool bag? ( I know I cant carry it on)

Thanks for the fast responce.

Chuck

;)
 
well i belive the airport should let you check your tool bag. since i am an ironworker and i am sure my tool bag for my trade would be heavier than what you would be taking. check all fluids , cooling system belts hoses and brakes also make sure all of your lights are working and the wipers incase of rain. Good luck and congrats
 
Welcome to the Bonco Zone!
clap.gif

Check everything stinger said, also check the u-joints and grease fittings (if they look dry grease them) and the oil change is a good idea.

Get to the airport early, after 9-11 they might want to talk to you a little longer than most because of the tools. Also bring copies of the emails regarding the auction with you, I know it might not be needed but it is always better to be safe than sorry.
 
shadow's right DEFINATELY check your U-Joints, i had one go out on me about 3 weeks ago, i was stranded for about 6 hours (i don't own a cell phone).....it sucked
 
well might not be getting it now.

The guy Im buying it from tells me now that it might NOT make the drive back.. That he bought it about 2 weeks ago and only drove it like 30 mins from where he bought it!

He said....."Im not sure if it wil make trip. , I cant promise you anything but it did have a "shimmy" "


Talk about thanks for telling me now! So I havent put downa deposit yet...Im talking to a friend with a trailer and a Surburban to tow it back with but hell thats a long trip (11hrs) towing that big trailer down there then add another 1-2 hrs to tow it back...

hummmmm

THIS SUCKS!

:huh:
 
Post the link to the auction here, I want to look at it. Maybe if we see what you are looking at then we might be able to tell you if it is worth it or not.
 
Yeah id like to take a look also...well when you get it snaps some pics and setup a gallery..its nice to see all the mods and work you have done and see the changes from pic to pic
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top