Nerf Bars For An 88

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
I found some nerf bars off of a 2003 F-150 and was thinking of getting them but want to know if they'll fit. Does anyone know about mounting these? If it's a lot of custom work to get these particular ones to fit, then I'll just forget them, but I was looking for something that'll just bolt in as easily as anything else, and I like the look of the Nerf bars.

I'm also looking to get a brush gaurd, billet grill and some chrome wheels. I just got it last Friday and there's so much I want to do, and so little money to do it with... At least stuff for a Bronco is cheaper than my Cougar. B)
 
Anyone know of any other years that fit? It seems that used OEM ones aren't all that expensive, compared to other ones, like that you'd get in a shop. I really like the look of the nerf ones, too.
 
'03 won't fit your truck... frame is a different design, and it's likely too long for your Bronco anyway. If you're dead-set on nerf-bars (sick), then find a set for an 80-91 Bronco (92-6 might fit). No matter how much cheaper your parts are, for the Bronco, you'll still spend nearly as much as you'd spend on the Cougar

Take this how you will, but I think nerf bars, and grill guards, are all gay, that's why I built junk for the Broncos. But for having so little money, I won't be any help to you. If nothing else, keep an eye on ebaymotors
 
davids78bronco said:
Take this how you will, but I think nerf bars, and grill guards, are all gay, that's why I built junk for the Broncos. But for having so little money, I won't be any help to you. If nothing else, keep an eye on ebaymotors
I don't think they look ghey. I might not do the grill, though, save some money, but I want to do the brush gaurd and some 15" wheels and the nerf bars. my friend has them on his truck, and I think they look good. At least I'm not gonna put on Altezzas and a wing. The grill gaurd is somewhat pointless, but it'll cover up the look of the headlights. I like the earlier and later style better, but this is what came up, so I bought it, and I love it.

Thinking about seeing if my friend can paint the top black and get some "General Grant" decals made. :D I was thinking General Lee, but people think of orange with that, and I don't think orange would go with the red of my truck.
 
Hey, brother, to each his own. What some consider style, others consider "sump'n else", like my clear tails. I can tell you the '03 nerf bars will not fit directly, prolly not at all. Look for 80-91 like stated. I have had these on a few trucks, and I think they reduce the ground clearance too much. A set of rock sliders or steps serve me better, but the steps catch too much mud. I have not seen a brush guard with any style for the 88, although one is made for that year model. On the other hand, a billet grille looks very good on 87-91 F-150's and Broncos, IMHO.
 
This isn't going to be much of a mudding truck. I don't know that I'll ever mud it, other than going down the occasional muddy road or getting out of a ditch. It's kinda like a "need it for my future business" truck, but it will be my only vehicle. Don't want to spend too much on it, just fix 'er up a little. Mainly cosmetic.
 
Several of the wrecker services and "Trailer Wheel&Frame" stores here in TX sell the grille guards, nerf bars, and other truck accessories. If you want to save $$$, try to find a used set in a salvage yard. A fresh coat of paint or Line_X bedliner and they look new. If ground clearance is not an issue, that is. You will get some protection of the rocker panels if you should run into a stump or rock, but the nerf bars are mostly cosmetic. First thing I would buy would be rims and tires...
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top