Need Some Opinions About A 91 F250 460

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian
  • Start date Start date
B

Brian

Guest
I found a 91 F250 460 EFI auto loaded. Im looking for a truck to pull my 11.5 camper and boat. This truck has about 70,000 on it. How is the EFI on this thing? Also does it have a E4OD? He wants about $1500.00 for it. It's 4x4 with big lug nuts and the rear end don't look like my dana 60 in my 79 F350 4X4. Thanks Brian
 
That sounds like a deal that's too good to be true!!! I think the EFI 460 is a great motor, and you might want to pull the codes or tag ID numbers from the axles to see what you're getting. IMO, the engine alone is worth $1500. Check the tranny out really good, it may be the reason it's so cccheap, or the body is rusted out. IF you do'nt buy it, PM me with the info!!!
 
Hi JSM84, the truck was bought by a man to haul his camper but he died, this man bought it and used it as a work truck. It's dirty and a little rust, he has all his tools on the front seat. But in general it's not bad. The rear said 6600 lbs and the front IFS said 4400 lbs. He said he had the tranny fluid changed by a good shop here. I just got my 91 Bronco and am having tranny problems, vibrations, so I was scared of this truck. I tell you, there a a lot of trucks here like this one, 4X4 with rust, what they need is good Southern bodies. Thanks Brian
 
Thats a good deal in my book even with the rust. Check to see if it has the OD button on the shifter. Because some where in the late 80's early 90's in the F250/350 is when they swap the C6 for the OD tranny. It may have the C6 in it.

Why the rearend Don't look like the 60 in 79 is Because it has the Sterlin 10.25 thats a much stronger 35spline rearend.

The down side on the 4x4 F250 is the D44HD TTB or the D50TTB. But a F350 D60 front is a bolt in swap.

So if it fires up and runs good. take it home at that price.

Like Just said a running EFI 460 will cost you that much alone. I was looking at them awhile back to swap a EFI 460 in my 86 w302EFI. But the price sent me in doin a 351W EFI swap.
 
Wow thanks Tex, I'll have to check the tranny tonight, C6 I'm buying it. How hard would it be to put my axle from my 79 F350 into this? Thanks Brian
 
It's got a E4OD, which isn't so bad I guess? Is there a site to find out the rear end codes? Now that I'm interested in this truck he's going up on his price.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top