Need New Windshield

  • Thread starter Thread starter WarEagleBronco
  • Start date Start date
W

WarEagleBronco

Guest
I must replace the windshield on my 74 Bronco. Where can you get new ones...or is used the only route?
 
I need one, too. My best friend has a J*** and his windshield looked like he was following a Bronco way too close. he went to a regular glass shop and got a nice piece of flat tempered glass for about $100. You might give that a try.
 
I don't believe that tempered glass has the legaly required safety stuff, what ever it is called, in between sheets. That makes it a real hazard. If it gets shattered it, you will look like swiss cheese, even though it is tough, but then the glass shards will be tougher also.

I'd check a few auto recylers.


Good luck,

:)>-
 
If you still have the old windshield, take it to your local glass shop. Ask them to use yours for a template. Get it made from 8mm laminated glass. Usually costs me about $100 Canadian for a new one.
 
Why not just go polycarbonate? heehee! I sell bullet proof glass at work and was thinking of going this route. I would only recoment this to Broncos that have a roll cage in the cab with a center bar so you don't cut your head off in a roll over.
 
got to mindshield.net I got a new windshield for 106 bucks right near home. Its a great deal!
 
Thanks for the info. I'll try taking the old windshield to the local shop to see if they can make one (with all the right safety "stuff").
 
Hmmm. According to www.windshield.net, they will come to my house and install one for me (with new gasket) for $219.50...or I can pick it up at their local warehouse for $86 and install myself. What the heck, the Chilton's amnual makes it look soooo easy!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top