Need Help!

Niloc1347

New Member
Hey everyone I have a 1980 F-100 that I am in the process of transfering form 2 wheel drive to 4x4. I already have the differential. It's a dana 44 solid axel coil spring suspension. I got it for $150 and am cleaning it up and making sure everyting is working properly. Everything was going smooth till I tried to take the u-joint off so I can find an identical one for the other side of the diff (missing when I got it). Can anyone tell me how one goes about taking those suckers off? Thanks. Looking forward to your help.
 
Hey everyone I have a 1980 F-100 that I am in the process of transfering form 2 wheel drive to 4x4. I already have the differential. It's a dana 44 solid axel coil spring suspension. I got it for $150 and am cleaning it up and making sure everyting is working properly. Everything was going smooth till I tried to take the u-joint off so I can find an identical one for the other side of the diff (missing when I got it). Can anyone tell me how one goes about taking those suckers off? Thanks. Looking forward to your help.
U mean the sub axle? Just long enough to have a ujiont on it? Pass side .
U have to remove center cention to get at retianer . The other side is just a axle that slkides in and goes out to hub.

Good luck I'm making A F350 4x2crew into a F150 4x4crew long bed.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top