Need Help Naming And Finding A Part

  • Thread starter Thread starter Desert Donk
  • Start date Start date
D

Desert Donk

Guest
There is a light weight aluminum plate protecting a part of the exhaust. A strap on one side of it snapped where it meets the plate and it rattles. It makes my truck sound like a piece of junk going down the street. A buddy of mine once tried to weld it but he didn't think it would hold. Said he wasn't good with aluminum. Well it didn't hold.

When I search the net looking for a replacement I have used skid plate and brush guard. Skid plate shows me all the heavy duty items for the transmission or differential. Brush guard nets me millions of hits for front end enhancements.

Anyone know what the name of that actually is? I think it would help me in finding a new part. And if you have any ideas where to look for one it would be a great help too!

Thanks
 
Ah, heat shield sounds right, it's under the truck back by where a rear seat passenger would sit.
 
Sorry, I screwed up and this is a duplicate. Please post to the other. Thanks
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top