Need Help Naming A Part

  • Thread starter Thread starter Desert Donk
  • Start date Start date
D

Desert Donk

Guest
I have a brush guard or maybe it's called a skid plate that protects part of the exhaust. It seems to light weight to be a skid plate, it's just aluminum. I figure it's there to help prevent starting grass fires. Anyway one of the straps to it is broken right where the strap meets the plate and it makes a disgusting rattle. Makes my truck sound like a piece of junk rattling down the road. A buddy tried to weld it once but said it probably would not hold and that he was not good with aluminum anyway. Well it didn't hold.

I would like to replace it but I am not even certain of the name of it. When I search the internet on brush guard I get all those things for the grill area. When I search for skid plate I get the heavy duty stuff for differentials and transmissions.

Anyone know what it is and where I could get a replacement? I could just take it off but I'm afraid that whatever the reason is it's there will bite me. Thanks.
 
Ok now I have a better idea. I posted a reply on your other message.
It sounds like the heat shield for the cat.
You have 3 options, 1 take it right off, 2 buy a new cat or 3 get a big hose clamp and restrap it.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top