need guidance........

upnover89

New Member
im trying to come up with the best lift for my truck without killin myself.I have a 89 bronco with 351 w.Im going to put on 35" x14.50x15. Id be willing to have some body trim to fit them on a 4",but if 6 is easier well so be it....and who makes the best lifts for our trucks...including extended radius arms?thanks

david
 
You should be ok with a 4" lift without having to trim the body. With 14.50 wide tires, you may end up triming the wheel wells any ways. But, you will need to check and make sure that your tires do not rub. I run 12.50's on my '79 and it is a tight fit, but I clear the inside of the wheel well and have no problems with the fronts rubbing when I turn. You may have to off-set the tires to retain your full steering radius. As for who makes the best lift kits, every kit has pro and cons and what the individual buying it wants. Best advice is do some comparisions checks between differant manufactures and see what is included in the kits and go from there. I put a Rancho on my '79 and have been happy with it. The only thing I did not like was the blocks under the rear springs, and I'm replacing the springs and doing away with the blocks.
 
Since your 89 Bronco has the TTB front axle, you will need a 6" lift to clear 35's. Tires as wide as 14.50 will also rub the radius arms when turning to full lock, so you will need a wheel with a minimum of offset, like 3.5". As for brands, look at Skyjacker or Superlift. Rancho makes good kits, but they only go up to 4" for your rig.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top