I have a 1966 bronco with a 302 and n.p.435 trans attached to a 205 transfer case out of 1979 ford pickup. Is there any production crossmembers that will work? Please help
I made mine out of 6" c-channel. Then I welded a 4x4 box tube inside to gain height. This box tube makes a great mounting location for the 205. I trilled two holes for Duff's round poly dana 20 t-case mounts, works well for the 205 also.
This way the lower mount is inside the box tube. The sides use 2" box tube to meet the stock L brackets off the frame rails. Ah, heck here a photo...
Thanks for the help. It looks like I will be doing something similar myself. Somebody should start making this stuff for guys who install unbreakables in thier broncos.
Good idea. I guess I can make them but I don't think it would be a big seller.
Most will do it themselves. <_< What I like about mine is the t-case bolts are recessed up inside the cross member. See the two holes? The slot hole on the left side is for easier access to the driveline bolts.