need an opinion

cowkicker59

New Member
I have a "73" F-100 Ranger XLT

I had the 390 motor rebuilt by a machine shop. I have about 1,000 miles on it now and I noticed today the rear main seal is leaking, like about 5 or 6 drops of oil when it sits over night. Would you worry about this? Would you consider paying another 600 dollars to have the engine pulled to have the problem corrected? Just curious, I have MS which won't let me do the work myself. What a bitch! Let me know what ya think, it would be appreciated!


Cowkicker
 
Well now the engine has about 3,000 miles on it and the oil leak is getting worse. Along with the rear main leaking I now have lifter noise and the engine is using about 2 qrts of oil per 400 miles. Having the rear main seal fixed and the lifters well...., but the oil usage has me concerned.


Cowkicker
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top