Need Alittle Help

GreyWolf

New Member
I just rebulit a 351 Windsor, And droped it in a 1978 f-100 custom.But was unable to get any oil pressure.So first thing i check was the oilrod.Then even change oil filters.But not sure what to check next So i'm open for any info i can get . :-"
 
GreyWolf said:
I just rebulit a 351 Windsor, And droped it in a 1978 f-100 custom.But was unable to get any oil pressure.So first thing i check was the oilrod.Then even change oil filters.But not sure what to check next So i'm open for any info i can get . :-"
[snapback]16412[/snapback]​
Hi Grey wolf, did you prime oiling system first?? If not pull distributor out put on oil primer on oil pump shaft with drill spin counterclockwise i think and look in to valve cover for oil coming out of push rod in to rocker arm... IF NOT YOU MAY HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM SOMEWARE ELSE Simman
 
I agree, you definitely need to try to prime the pump first by spinning the pump shaft (with distributor removed) the same direction the rotor rotates. However if that doesn't help you may find that in rebuilding your motor some real technical difficulties may be present. 1st the oil pump gears could be worn or one of the oil pump's mounting ears could have a hairline that you can't see until it's tightened on or the pump screen or pickup tube could be clogged or the mounting surface on either the pump or block could be warped (not 100% flat). 2nd you could have a fracture in the block or a bad gasket. 3rd an f'd up oil filter or oil filter gasket (sometimes the old gasket from your previous filter sticks to the block when you remove the filter and you don't notice but now there's two and that don't work) 4th a blockage in your oil passage. 5th incorrect tolerances in lifter bores, crank, cam etc. The best places to begin checking for pressure from the outside are at the filter or the oil pressure sender unit. Some oil filters fail from new too. Oil pressure can be a major issue, but I hope you find that it's all like this- If you think you can, you can. If you need more help or have tech. questions- email Shawn at: [email protected] From exploding trannys to wiring snafus- I've seen a lot of problems come from minor troubles (that's how they often start).
 
Hey BlackFord77 thxs for that bit of info,I primed the block and all before i put the oilpan on when i was building the motor.I recently pulled the oilpan back off and checked oil pump. As well as the mains the pump seemed to be working fine and the mains looked good.I've asked around at work and have been told so many things it could be i'm not sure where to start...lol...Anything from jurnals being stopped up in crank to cam bearings being off alittle to mains being washed out from gas getting in oilpan from fuel pump being bad? If you can think of anything that might be helpful i'll sing at you next wedding. :)>-
 
GreyWolf said:
I just rebulit a 351 Windsor, And droped it in a 1978 f-100 custom.But was unable to get any oil pressure.So first thing i check was the oilrod.Then even change oil filters.But not sure what to check next So i'm open for any info i can get . :-"
[snapback]16412[/snapback]​

did you check the oil sending unit? I know its a simple mistake, but I've forgot to hook it up a couple times myself, plus it might have gone out.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top