Need Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter andydic
  • Start date Start date
A

andydic

Guest
I am looking to buy some new 35's. I'm not sure what to with. I am gonna be doing some serious mudding and driving my bronco everyday at the same time. I was looking at either 35X14.50 15 boggers, 35X14.50 15 thornbirds, 35X13.5 15 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, or 35X12.5 15 BF Goodrich Mud terrains. Price isn't a big deal I just want something that is going to be great in the mud and not to bad on the street.
 
My personal opinion is to go with the bfg's. I have had them on 2 of my bronco's and they are great. They will last a long time on pavement and great off-road. 1 set that I have had on my 79 has been on there for almost 6 years, and for $150 a tire they arenot bad.
 
I would say go with the bfg's too. I have them on my bronco and they give you plenty of grip. My dad has them on his truck which he uses as a DD and has no problem with wear even after two years. ;)
 
What ever you use do NOT use Thornbirds! They pack mud in the tight tread blocks and are like slicks. The side lugs are the only thing good on them. I like the Swamper TSL Radials, they are quiet on the road and do well off road. Boggers and SX's are biasply so they are loud and get flat spots over night so they feel like they are out of ballance for a few miles. BFG MT's have always been a good happy medium.
 
Yep, TSL radial or BFG, Thornbirds are good for structure on the bottom of a pond and Boggers Pull like @%&* offroad,but will vibrate every bolt & screw off yur truck and you can't hear yurself think goin down the road!!
 
If you plan to drive any amount on pavement, the BFG's are the only tire I would get. The TSL's are great for offroad, but wear out fast on the tarmack. You can save $$$ with the KO's or the cheaper brands. I have Mud Kings, about $50 less per tire but same tread pattern. The only problem I have ever had with the BFG's is due to poor alignment wearing them out too fast. Once they start to wear on one side, they go fast. And do not ever get towed backwards. That will ruin them.
 
I would put my vote for BFG's also. I have them on mine and have had no issues with them. A little noisy on the streets, but I just turn up the radio.
 
I have Kumho Road Venture A/T's. I had BFG's previously. I love the Kumhos. Talk about grip! She never gets stuck...they dig nice, they release the mud, and they dont make alot of noise on the road. I got my 4 ply 31"ers for 114 each mounted and balanced. Wouldnt go back to BFG or Goodyear to save my life. I swear by Kumhos.
 
yeah dude, bfg's, i'v got a set on mine right now brand new, there awsome, as for the boggers, u shouldn't even consider them if your driving it on the road, boggers wear out after 10-15,000 miles, boggers are for hardcore offroaders, and did u consider bfg all-terrains? they'll last alittle longer than the mud terrains and they do pretty well offroad as well
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top