Nearly There :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigNasty
  • Start date Start date
B

BigNasty

Guest
Building an engine between rain spurts from a hurricane is a drag...
BUT, nearly there :)
A few odd end nuts, bolts and minor stuff to go before dropping it in tomorrow :D

Here's a sneak peek ;)

engine1.jpg


engine3.jpg
 
It's a 1969 351w short deck (9.2 vs 9.5) original heads that use the large angle plugs,
bored 40 over (358 ci) unsure on cam, but it's big, unsure of valves as I haven't changed them but they are big too :) Edlebrock intake and 600 some cfm edle carb, long tube exhaust.
I bumped the compression a bit this time, as I had to get new jugs due to the hydrolocking that bent a rod. Went from scallop tops to flat tops on them which should get me around the 10:1 area on compression.

As for actual power.. no idea, but it can make the 35s talk out loud on pavement and has suprised quite a few people at the lights on take off :)
I need to find a dyno around here to get the rear wheel readings off it some day soon :)
 
The intake was a blast.. really.. :)]

I used a sand blaster, outdoors (lots of ricochets...) and kept the handle squeezed just enough to get the sand to come out.
I only did the top of it, didn't get near the gasket surfaces, just in case ;) and the finished it off with plasti-kote engine enamel no. 229 (clear)
Did the distributor housing the same way so it will stay clean looking for a while too :)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top