my new truck

79fordkid

New Member
I just got a 79 f150 its in great shape I'll post a picture when ever i figure out how. I'm learning how to identify all the parts and was wondering if I could get a little conformation on axles. My rear dif tag says WFE AW 8LE next line I think 3L50 9 366A. The front dif says 3 50 D9TA ACB next line 610067-2. the axle code on the vin plate is H2A. Ok so I believe I know that the rear end is 3:50 ratio 9" limited slip 31 axle shaft splines. the front is also a 3:50 ratio 9"? don't know if its limited slip or what the H2a means if anyone could help out a new kid it'd be nice.
 
I just got a 79 f150 its in great shape I'll post a picture when ever i figure out how. I'm learning how to identify all the parts and was wondering if I could get a little conformation on axles. My rear dif tag says WFE AW 8LE next line I think 3L50 9 366A. The front dif says 3 50 D9TA ACB next line 610067-2. the axle code on the vin plate is H2A. Ok so I believe I know that the rear end is 3:50 ratio 9" limited slip 31 axle shaft splines. the front is also a 3:50 ratio 9"? don't know if its limited slip or what the H2a means if anyone could help out a new kid it'd be nice.

I have a 1978 truck service specification book and it tells me that H2 is a limited slip with 3.50 gears and the A basicly means that you have an adjustable steering colum with power steering
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top