My Intro

Shadow_D

Moderator
Hi all, I'm Darrin (Shadow D).
I've had my bronco for about 4 years now and have started a working restore, i.e. I still use it as my daily driver but work on her when I get the chance. Needless to say it's taking a long time to finish.

I call her "The Beast". She started out her life as a traffic safety enforcement unit with the Colonie Police Dept. in 90. After several years she became an under-cover narcotics / surveillance unit. I bought her at auction in October 2000. The picture below was taken in the early spring of 2001. I have done a lot sense then but it still needs a lot of work.
I have...
(under the hood)
Replaced the motor with a Ford Rebuilt / installed 351W
Had the Trany rebuilt
and have had all the axel seals replaced and gears inspected by the dealership.

(Body)
installed a grill guard
replaced the passenger side door
started the body work
installed a Lund Moon Visor
installed a Lund Wind-Jammer
installed a Lund bug guard

The Plan...
Replace the fenders
Replace the inner fender wells both front and rear
Replace the Drivers side quarter panel
Replace the Drivers side rocker panel
Replace the Drivers side door
Replace the Passenger side wheel arch
Replace the tailgate
Complete restore of the interior

Like I said their is a lot to do. I will post pics as the progress continues.
DN90Bronco01.jpg
 
Man you got a lot of work inveasted in her, Hope it continues to go good. Keep us poasted and welcome to the site. :)>-
 
:D A Hell of a fine looking Bronco... More improvements to come!!!! Great... Send pics... :)>-
Welcome.. We need more fine trucks like yours... :rolleyes:
 
Thanks for the encouragement. I hope to have her painted this summer, I can't wait to see what it looks like "jet black" with a full flame job B)
 
Welcome,police package? what in that love to find out!
JFR- :)>-
 
To tell you the truth I'm not sure right now. The more I have been reading the more it seems that everything is just the heavy-duty parts a lot of other trucks have like the high amp alternator, quad suspension, bigger sway bars, HO 351w? and all the holes in the body for stuff like spot lights and light bar.
One thing I have noticed is that it handles more like a car rather than a truck, i.e. I can take turns a lot faster than I would with any other truck I have driven.
 
Welcome, nice truck, and nice to see I have a neighbor on this board. I live in Glenville, you can't be too far away. Just bought my Bronco last month and will be doing body/paint work this summer.
 
a lot of the police pakage stuff that I remember seeing on the older cars is mainly in the vacume system using constat vac in some of the lines and a special tool is needed for them if you pull a line that is for the pacage then you no longer have the package working. THat is the main differance in the police packages on the older cars.
 
Koopa132 glad to see someone local here on the B Zone. There are a bunch of FSBs in the area just not on here. I just wish there were some good trails in the area that we could "Play" on with out getting into trouble.

Raven: Thanks for the info I didn't know that. I don't see any lines that would need a special tool to remove so I guess I am wrong in thinking it is a police package in that aspect. b-(
 
Just wanted to say thanks for the welcome. appreciate your comments about my Bronco. She's been great.

Looks like yours has been in the wonderfull area of the saltwest, I mean the midwest. gotta hate that rust.

I'd like to see your progress on the restore efforts, always nice to see someone take care of thier truck.

Please keep the updates comming,

-Ron
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top