My First 82 Bronco

WHITE 1

New Member
HI Guy's

I'm Matt From MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA


I just bought my First Bronco after owning a SCOUT ll for over 10 years

And all is well it runs great and it feels really nice to drive,

I LOVE IT

I allways wanted a BRONCO AND NOW I GOT ONE. YIPPY

Have a problem with the Windsheild wipers

any help would be appreciated

they dont want to go back to the park postion.

does anyone know why this is? or what's causing this?

the relay?

wiper switch? or the motor?

i had noticed that the previous owner had cut the black wire with pink strip wire to stop the wipers from staying on when the ignition is on.

I have re conected that and now the wipers dont want to turn off??

when the igination is on.

PLEASE HELP

Matt ;)
 
Welcome to the Zone!
clap.gif


Attached is a diagram of the wiper system without delay. When the wipers are turned off voltage is supplied to the motor thru the red lead to allow the wipers to return to the park position. Check your wires against this picture, if they are correct, then the switch is bad. If it is bad and you can't get one locally, I have a couple of them in my garage. Email me with an address and I'll mail one to you.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
hey Matt, and welcome.

If I was going to venture a guess i would say it is probably somewhere in the switch. The motor is working. Mechanically it sounds fine from what you said. I would start there then work my way to the wipers testing as I went.

Looking at the wiring diagram for my year ('88) looks like the cut wire goes from the switch to the governor (if you have the int wipers) to the motor.

brad
 
OOPS! :blush:

The park contact is in the motor, not the switch. Unfortunately i don't have one of them, but could get you one if that is not possible in your location. Sorry about the missinformation.

:)>-
 
Thanks Guys i was told by a local Auto Electrcian that it is the return to park in the motor. and its not the relay cause they dont use one.

I will go and get another motor from a falcon / fairmont or simular and will see how it goes.

I will let you know what the outcome is once i pull the motor out and have a look at it.

thanks agian for all your help.

Matt
 
Hi guys
i opened up the motor and had a good look at how it was made the little arm that is connected to the contacts are basically worn down and is the reason for hte return not working,

I cleaned the contact points and the wipers now do turn off, so there not stuck on now.

I had tried to repair the worn down arm by drilling a hole in the remaining bit and made up a brass extention but it seemed to work while the motor was off the truck but when i put it back in the return was still not working.

i will get myself another motor and see how that goes,
thanks again for all your help.

i just came back from a 1,500 kilo meter journey by the way and the beast did not miss a beat.

I love it.
and the fuel economy is not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. im ruinning duel fuel LPG GAS and normal Fuel total on board is 200 liters.

cya guys

WHITE 1
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top