my f150 wont start?

truefordman

New Member
Hi I am new to this site. I have a problem with my '86 f150 5.8 winser. My truck does not want to stay on! I can crank it and as long as i hold the key forward it will stay running, if i let go off the key it wont stay on. i have already replaced the ignition module but i have no other ideas at this time any suggestions will be of great help. also any ideas for better gas mileage i have a c-6 automatic with no overdrive :blink:
 
does it take some time for it to start? could it be the ignition switch loosing contact once you let go of the key? what are any previous symtoms ofr history prior to this happening?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top