My 2nd 94' Bronco. Automatic!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JonJam
  • Start date Start date
J

JonJam

Guest
Looking for advice from experienced individuals. My first 94' crashed, rolled, and I sold it on Ebay. It was beautiful 5 speed manual.
Now I have purchased a 94' Automatic. I guess I should have done my homework. I am now struck with fear for my tranny. I am already experiencing some minor vibrations and hard shifting. I have also seen several Technical bulletins listed on the NTSB web site regarding modifications. I have not been able to access the text. Can anyone shed some light on the E4OD Gremlins? Your experienced opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

I do have one specific problem that I would like to address. My engine is idling around 1200 rpm when hot and 600-800 when cold. This cause the trnny to engage hard when changing gears. Could this be an indication of a faulty Throttle Position Sensor or a combination of problems?

Please advise.
<_<
 
i also have a 94 bronc. we both got the pre udate version. in 95 they did a few improvements. 1. they made the torque converter lockup stronger they were having problems with them cracking 2. the valve body seperator plate wounld warp froms heat the new ones are a thicker gauge metal 3. the gear position sensor had a weak weather seal if i would of known all this b4 i bought it i would of found either a manual or a 95 and up. i now have to replace mine and im getting quotes from $900 to $1500 for a rebuilt and that doesn;t include labor im hopeng a 2wd e4od will work if the tail shaft are switched im waiting for a reply
from a trans shop
 
3 94's now..I have a 94 auto...my uncle rebuilt the transmission about 3 years ago...hope there arent going to be too many problems <_<
 
There's also a common problem with the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve getting dirty and affecting idle. It can be cleaned, or is fairly cheap to replace, as is the TPS. Any engine problems will affect the E4OD, as it is ECM-controlled. An overhaul of this model can run up to $3000, so get several estimates for your shifting problems before rebuilding.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top