Mufflers

78f-150

New Member
Hi I just bought a 1978 f 150 and I wanted to add a performance muffler to it. What I was wondering is if anyone had any advice or thoughts about which muffler to choose. I don't want something that will be so loud that I can't hear my music in the cab, but I also don't want a weak sound either. I was considering a cherry bomb glass packed or a flowmaster delta flow 40 series, has anyone had any experience with these. I am running a 351m and I want it to still sound like a 351m not like a japanese sports car ( if that makes any sense). Any advice or comments would be great. Thanks
 
When I had my exhaust ran on my '78, i couldnt decide on what muffler to run, so i had the shop run a dual 2.5" exhaust off of convertor. It has a nice low tone to it.
 
I use to run 2 1/4 inch pipe on mine with 12inch glass packs and 4inch echo tips.I had the tip behind the rear tire.I was loud out side the truck but was nice in side the cab.you could hear it but it wasnt lould unless you git next to a guard rail where it echoed back.I was running a 351m in it then.Now it has a 460 with l&l headers with a set off single chamber flower master under hooked to the header with a turn down.Now its kinda loud.But I do like the 40 seris flower master.They sound good as well.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top