Mpg And Hp

  • Thread starter Thread starter 83Bronco
  • Start date Start date
8

83Bronco

Guest
Does anyone know what sort of MPG i am getting in my Bronco? its an 83 with an inline 6. Also what kind of horsepower does that get? if anyone knows that off the top of their head it would be great. I was just curious. Thanks!
~Sarah
 
I did some research and from what I can tell is that the engine creats 123 HP @ 3600 RPM and 245 ft/lb @ 2000 rpm. As for MPG I wouldn't It could be anything depending on how well tuned up your engine is.
 
engine specs

according to this chart, you should get about 120 HP and 250 ft.lbs. of torque from a 30I-6 that is properly tuned and running well. That seems like it's nothing by the numbers, but believe me, the I-6 can tow up to 15,000 lbs. and never grunt. As for gas mileage, average is about 10-14 mpg, but you need to see how far you go from one fill up to the next. 300 miles divided by 30 gallons is 10 mpg.
 
To get the MPH is easy.
First if you have a "Trip Odomeater" just reset it when you fill-up. Then next time you fill your tank write down the miles (i.e. 152.6) then devide that by the gallons your truck took (i.e. 25.876) and the answer is your MPG.
  • 152.6 Miles
  • /
  • 25.876 Gallons
  • _____________
  • 5.897 Total
  • or 5.9 MPG
If you don't have a "Trip Odomeater" you just have some more math to do.
I am making a table that I will post later for all to use.
 
ratings gave above sound right. the 300 6 ain't a HP monster it's a TQ monster. the TQ is what you want in 4x4 bronco/truck. But if the cash is right you can build that 300 to blow the doors off most V-8's. do a search over the 300 you'll find lots of info bout it.
 
wow, thanks guys for the replys. this has more hp then my 88 ranger!! hehe. yea i can tell it has tourque. i wish the MPG was better, but oh well. I really dont plan on modifying the engine , just keeping it stock. I cant afford anything else just yet. thanks ! ~Sarah :)
 
If your motor, transmission, axles and transfer case don't show any signs of a leak then try switching all of the above to full synthetic oil but ONLY IF NOTHING LEAKS! If there are any leaks at all then the synthetic oil will only make the leak worse. You should get better MPG after that.
 
change your gas and air fitler,pcv too and you should see better mpg.
JFR-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top