Motor Mounts From 77 400 Dont Match.....

mudunit77f250

New Member
i had a 351m in my "77" f250 that was made in 12/76, and the 351m died. i pulled the 351m and unfortunately didnt remove the motor mount towers when i got rid of the engine. the engine etc, are already long gone. i got a 400m out of a 77 camper special f250 made in 6/77. the frame towers from the camper special dont line up with the holes in the frame on my F250. and drilling or modifying the towers or frame just simply wont work.. where can i find a set of these motor mount towers??? i was under the impression that any 351m/ 400m motor mounts were the same, so where/ when did things change??? was it the pre 77 1/2 to the 77 1/2 change that screwed things up??? im really trying to finish up this truck.... :angry:
 
If I understand you right you pulled the 351m from your F250 and ditched the motor. when you did, did you remove your frame mounts? If not use the mounts that came in that truck because the 351m and 400 uses the same mounts. no need to swap the mounts from the donner truck with a 400.

also if one of the trucks is 4x4 and the other is 2wd they use diffirent frame mounts. So you'll need mounts from a 4x4 for a 4x4 and 2wd for a 2wd.
 
Ditched the old frame mounts by mistake, and the ones that came off the donor truck - attached to the 400 (which was a 4x4 as well) - I couldnt get to line up to any of the bolts to save my life.
 
I swapped 1973 360 with 1977 400 in my 1973 f100 4x2. I had engine mount issues too. I inverted LH & RH (LH on passenger side and RH on driver side) and everything worked. You might try this too.
 
I swapped a 390 from a 75 club cab into a 78 bronco with a 351. I had to drill the top of the frame tower. Never thought to switch sides with the mounts. Also on SOME 390,S --the mounts ARE DIFFERENT. On the older 390--the mount sit in the same area--but the bolt hole on the block ARE DIFFERENT.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top