motor mount issues

ibuildhomz

New Member
okay guys-I need some help here. I took a 300 I6 motor out of a 79 2wd that I have and put it into a 79 4wd. The motor mounts don't match up because the frame mounts are diferent. Which mounts should I be using? After switching around the mounts a couple of times, I currently have (I don't know if these part #'s will help) a mount which is part #2332(thin mount) on the driver's side of my motor and mount #2441 (which has a long leg on the top) on the passenger's side of my motor. This fit into the frame mounts, but the clutch linkage balls on my frame and motor don't line up. The motor looks to be about 3/4" further back than the linkage on the frame. If anyone knows which mounts are the correct ones for a 79 4wd with the 300 6cyl and 4spd manual trans I would greatly appreciate some help.
 
you have to move the frame mounts for the engine one way or the other to mount a 6 cyl in place of a fe engine in a 4wd. the same goes if you do it to a 2wd truck. the enigne perches have to be moved forward in a 2wd when you swap a 6 cyl into a fe truck. if you have small block perches you may need different perches instead. the small block and fe / 6 cyl perches are different. the bolt holes for the motor mounts are in diferent places. maybe 3/4 of an inch off.
 
you have to move the frame mounts for the enign eone way or the other to mount a 6 cyl in place of a fe eninge in a 4wd. the same goes if you do it to a 2wd truck. the enigne perches have to be moved forward in a 2wd when you swap a 6 cyl into a fe truck. if you have small block perches you may need different perches instead. the small block and fe / 6 cyl perches are different. the bolt holes for th emotor mounts are in diferent places. maybe 3/4 of an inch off.
hey fordtruckman-thanks for the reply. the 79 4wd frame had a 300 stock I6 in it, which is the same engine I pulled from the 2wd frame and put into the 4wd. Wouldn't the frame mounts be the same? there aint any differences in the blocks that I can tell....
 
for soem reason i thought the other truck had a fe in it. im sorry i messed that up. i have heard of the rubber moutns being only for 2wd or 4wd trucks. supposedly they are different. i dont know i havent ever seen any 4wd 6cyl rubber mounts.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top