I have an 87 302efi with only a flow master exhaust done to it. I am thinking of doing the FIPK that I have seen people doing on here, but besides that what are some simple or inexpensive ways to get more power?
Chips, larger mass air flow sensors, larger throttle boddies, different cam, electric fan and/or electric water pump. Or you could just do all of the above. Just depends on how much you are willing to spend.
I wouldn't suggest any engine mods to an '87, because all of the engine dynamics are preprogramed in the computer, and can't be changed without a CUSTOM chip.
Electric fans, FIPK (store bought, or homemade), and true duals w/ flowmasters. and highflow cats, are the most popular upgrades that the speed density system can handle.
If you choose to swap the cam keep the lobe seperation at 114 degrees, and make sure you degree it in properly.