Modifying The High Beam Floor Switch

  • Thread starter Thread starter veniz23
  • Start date Start date
V

veniz23

Guest
I just replaced the floors in my Bronco(82 FS), and I was wondering if there was an easy solution to converting the high beam floor switch to a toggle switch on the dash? I don't use my high beams much and I don't like the floor switch( I think it is the culprit behind some problems ive been having). Any suggestions would be awesome.
 
All you would need is a 3 contact switch. connect lead from the headlight on off switch to the center contact and the high to one of the other contacts and the low beam to the remaining contact. I would use a switch rated at 30 amps to prevent fusing the contacts. You might be able to get away with a lower rated switch but you might be replacing it on a regular basis.

Switch diagram attached. The one in your truck is misslabled in this diagram as "dimmer Switch".

Goood luck,
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top