Mild Bronco Mods

  • Thread starter Thread starter TreR1969
  • Start date Start date
T

TreR1969

Guest
Hey everyone;

I know this is probably a horribly worn out topic, but...of all the exhaust manufacturers out there for a last-generation big Bronco ('95), what make will give you a boost in MPG and give you the best exhaust sound as well? I'm not talking about rediculously loud...just a nice beefy rumble. Any increase in power is, of course, welcome, but not a top priority...the 351 has plenty of go-power for what I do.

Has anyone tried the Airaid throttle-body spacer? I have read it adds 7hp or so...for the money it seems like a good deal.

Also, what high performance air intake systems are available for my model Bronco? I have added a standard K&N filter already, but honestly I haven't noticed any performance increase in either power or MPG. I'm thinking that a full replacement of the air intake with a free-flow system might make more of a difference.

Right now while I am out here stuck in the desert, serving in the "war on terror" (isn't it more like the war for cheap oil?) I kill some of my spare time contemplating what I am going to do to my truck when I get home next year (though hopefully sooner). So any input you have to help spur my imagination is greatly appriciated. I soooo miss my Bronco....
 

Attachments

  • bronco.jpg
    bronco.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 23
I'm a newbie to this Bronco thing but I would like to thank you for your sacrifice in the fight against those terrorists.You ain't fighting for cheap gas....I was in LA last week and regular unleaded was 2.27 a gal.Good luck with your Bronco mods.Let us know what you end up doing.
 
a good exhaust system will give you more hp and mpg i recommend the flowmaster system. tried and proven to be one of the best out there. you get a great rumbling V-8 sound and good throttle response. however when you gun it it will be quite the loud system but hey i love that. i even made mine a true dual exhaust. you wont find no H or X pipe under my bronco
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top