Max Tire Size

4xfan78

New Member
Does anybody know what is the max size tire you can legally put on a truck. I found some that I really want 49x21x16.5 IROK radials. Thats not me but the tire on the right is a 44 and the one closest to him is the 49. Thats not a kid also.
 

Attachments

  • irockChris.jpg
    irockChris.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 98
Hey TX I have 3"s of body lift and at least 4"s of suspension lift and the finders have been cut. Think thats enough for those 49's. [-o<
 
4xfan78 said:
Hey TX I have 3"s of body lift and at least 4"s of suspension lift and the finders have been cut. Think thats enough for those 49's. [-o<
Taken all the 73-79 Trucks and 78/79 Bronco's that I've seen can clear 38's fairly easy with just a 4" lift. My 79 stock Bronco clears 35-14.50 TSL Boggers with no lift or trimming with judst a hair of a rub at full flex. So your looking at around 7" of lift. Every offroader knows fender trimming can easily add 1" to 4"'s of lift (roughly guessing) you can probably run the 39's if you watch your wheel BS (back spacing) Your down fall on that size of tire will be the gearing and a nightmare on the D44/9" unless you've swapped to a D60 already. If not just keep them in the 16.5" and get 16.5" 5-5.5 bolt pattern rims. So you won't have a set of 39x21-15 tires trying to dig up a set of 8-lug 15" rims then grind the heck out of the calipers to fit em.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top