Low Oil Pressure

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
I had low oil pressure and that was really worrying me. The other day I bought some Lucas oil for the heck of it and put about 1/2 qt in. I drove about 90 miles until I noticed that the pressure was back up. I hear that people have said it's bad for your engine over time, but what I may do is toward the end of the oil usage period, I'll add in a little bit of Lucas oil to keep it working well.
 
you gotta love lucas,i wouldn't worry about it hurting your motor the damage is already been done.I left oklahoma in my truck that rattled when you first started it put in some lucas drove it to indiana pulling a 16ft trailer and it still hasn't rattled.and i got me a little more oil pressure.I used the fuel treatment too it works good.
plans for a new motor are coming just got to be able to park it long enuff.
 
I've heard some good things about Seafoam too. I'll probably try using that sometime when I have the chance.
 
Your oil is probably getting thinned out and adding new oil will always help increase the viscosity. Try doing an oil change with 20/50, run for a few hours or a day and do another 20/50 oil change. This will clean the motor out good enough. Sea foam is good suff but it caused some problems on a few friends rigs. It definately cleans well but can toss the crap around the engine and cause clogs etc.
 
88pimpin said:
I had low oil pressure and that was really worrying me. The other day I bought some Lucas oil for the heck of it and put about 1/2 qt in. I drove about 90 miles until I noticed that the pressure was back up. I hear that people have said it's bad for your engine over time, but what I may do is toward the end of the oil usage period, I'll add in a little bit of Lucas oil to keep it working well.
[snapback]13539[/snapback]​
when i had my problem it was the oil pressure sending unit pressure was fine ,took no chances and replaced the unit
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top