Wondering if my '84 will go from Alaska to Phoenix, Arizona. I have to move down there, and I ain't leaving her behind. What do I need to refresh on her prior to leaving? The trip will be around 3600 miles.
i hope she runs good. im shure its possible as long as the milege on the truck is reasonable. check the fluids and filters and replace if necessary. you definately would want fresh motor oil(get a warmer weather type). i would reccomend replacing the ignition module if it hasnt been replaced recently. i had one of those strand me in a parking lot when it went out 300 miles from home and i had to hitch a ride to napa. check belts, hoses and radiatior and put in fresh coolant. and check the plugs, wires and distrobuter cap and make shure that they are ready for the trip. those are just some of the things that i would do before a very long trip. also not too many miles a day.
if you love your bronco, and i'm sure you do, then i would suggest towing it. it may cost a little more now. but it might save you more in the long run
I drove my 79 bronco from Anchorage AK to Augusta GA with only one problem, the axle bearing went out. The most important thing is to take atleast 2 5 gal gas cans with you because finding a gas station in Canada is'nt easy. Also dont take cash use credit cards, they will try to rip you off on the currency exchange. As long as you're truck runs ok and you trust it, you should make it. Here is a pic of the one I made that trip in.