Locker Options/problems

Bully Bob

New Member
My El Camino has "Posi" only & it swaps ends (nearly) on slippery surfaces.
I'm sure a "Detroit" or other perm. locker will break loose (on ice, etc.) on my '66 Bronco, being so short a wheel-base.
There's "air, & electric" lockers....? (I'm looking at just the rear at this time.) (it now has "Posi" but I think it's getting weak.)
I live in the Las Vegas desert area & rarely see snow or ice, BUT, I go north fr. time to time.
What are the latest recommendations for our Broncos? Are you getting any "white knuckle" days with your lockers...?
We hwy. drive to the dirt/play trails.
Stock drive train, D30 front, 9" rear with 456 gears & Goodrich 32's

3-early Broncos
1- " Land Cruiser
Having way to much fun !!
 
Yeah, lockers will get you sideways pretty quick on slick surfaces but thats usually when lots of gas is applied. Its all fun and games once you know how to control it.
Posi with larger tires tend not to do well. In your case a selectable locker is the way to go. When you need the traction its available.
 
Well in your case, if you want lockers, I'd go for a mechanical or air locker that can be enabled or totally disabled from the driver location.

Good luck,
:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top