Lock-rite Locker

  • Thread starter Thread starter ranger4104
  • Start date Start date
R

ranger4104

Guest
I'm new to this site so I hope I don't screw anything up. I have a 76 Bronco with a big bearing rear end. I currently have 28 spline axles with a lock-rite. I'm installing a Warn full floating kit with 31 spline axles, my question is this; do I need to change out the whole carrier or just the lock-rite? The reason for my confusion is that every site that I go to shows model number for the 28 and the 31 to be the same; #1810. I also remember when I bought the lock-rite I currently have the salesman told me it didn't matter if I had the 28 or the 31. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanx Shawn
 
It doesn't matter what spline count you have as long as the locker fits it. I do know if you have 31 spline shafts you will need a 31 spline locker. Do away with the lock rite as they don't hold up well. The only difference with the full floater is you will have axle shafts with splines on both ends so you can run hubs. Full floaters are nice if you pull the truck on a tow dolly with the rear tires on the ground. This keeps the running gear from turning. Plus its nice if you break an axle shaft you can flip a hub. The inner section of the shaft will still turn since its connected to a locker.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top