Limited-slip Diffs

  • Thread starter Thread starter cleo
  • Start date Start date
C

cleo

Guest
I want to put an agressive limited-slip diff in the rear and a smooth LS in the front, so I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the Truetrax LS. I spoke with the guys at Randy's Ring and Pinion about what I was going to use the Bronco for (sand, mild hills and some mud) and they recommened a Truetrax but my father has a 72' Blazer with Eatons in it and when I 've taken it thru mud and up hills it has also always come out on top. Any thoughts?
 
i have a factory limited slip in my 89 8.8 and it works great. i have been on the sand at nags head and go threw mud every weekend. if you are interested in one i a few laying around from jobs i do at work.
 
Keep in mind that the Eaton posi is a GM product, and the Ford equivalent is a TrueTrax. I have looked at both, since I also own a couple of GM trucks. I am seriously looking at a minispool for my Ford 9" rear axle. Don't know what you have, though.
 
Right now all I have is a two wheel drive Bronco. Both front and rear are open diffs, Randy's tells me that a truetrax is a limited slip unit that requires no modification to install. But I have no experience with limited slip diffs so any advice will help.
 
cleo said:
Right now all I have is a two wheel drive Bronco. Both front and rear are open diffs, Randy's tells me that a truetrax is a limited slip unit that requires no modification to install. But I have no experience with limited slip diffs so any advice will help.
i dont think i would put one in ... i think with 8.8 you have to remove the gears (its not a floater). reinstalling these will be hard and doing it wrong will cut their life greatly.

i would go to a pro to have it installed (so i would take it to my best friend .. you may not be so lucky)

what you go for sale/trade southerntrax ????


my diff needs clutche/pads .. it may be better to just pick up a new chunk.
(my truck has factory front and rear posi/limited slip)
 
cleo said:
Right now all I have is a two wheel drive Bronco. Both front and rear are open diffs, Randy's tells me that a truetrax is a limited slip unit that requires no modification to install. But I have no experience with limited slip diffs so any advice will help.
well the first thing i would do is sell it and buy a 4x4 like a bronco is supposed to be. they should kill the guy who thought that a 2x bronco was a good idea. but that is my opnion
 
Cleo's post has me a little confused. 1, he/she said he has a 2X4 bronco (as far as i know it doesn't exist unless it was converted from a 4X4. I.E. Ford never made them that way) and 2, if its 2X4 how can it have open difs in the FRONT and rear? Is it 2X4 because the drive shaft or transfer case was removed?
"Right now all I have is a two wheel drive Bronco. Both front and rear are open diffs,"
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top