Lift & Tires

Broncoscare

New Member
I have a 1991 Bronco and I am looking to put a lift on it, but I don't know what kind to go with. I want a 4 in suspension if I can fit 35x12.50s under it. Will they fit ok?? I will just be finishing and hunting in this truck, no major 4wheelin. I want something good on the road but can handle the off-road. Any sugestions on lifts and tire sizes would help!! Thanks :P
 
I found useful info on the MickeyTompsontires.com. There is a sizing chart that helps with what you can run with what mods.

I am looking for suggestions on what Kind of tires would be good as a Daily Driver (25K/Year) and for the random off road adventure. Noise is no issue and am going to stick with 31's till I can get another DD. I know many go with Goodyear AT but I think that could go a little more aggressive and not sacrifice winter, rain, and daily performance.
 
the BFGoodrich mud terrain is the best offroad/on-road tire. If your into all-terrains Id go with the bfgoodrich a/t they do alright off-road, Ive never had them but have seen them on alot of rigs and they look sweet..just shop around.but thats what I would choose
 
Broncoscare:
To answer your question I kinda like the Rough Country kit. If you do a search on eBay you should find them for around $450.00. Most people I have heard from that have a 4" kit say they wished they spent the extra money ($56.00 from the guy on eBay) for the 6" kit. 35" tires will fit on a 6" lift easily.

Iamnottelling:
Welcome to the Bronco Zone!
clap.gif

You will be better putting your question in it's own post as more people will see it.
Most people I hear from say they think the BFG Muds are the best. I know when I get my 6" kit installed that is what I will be going with. They have good tread life and work well off road. They do however have some loud road noise but you said noise is no issue.
 
I installed a 6 in rough country lift, w/ steering stabilizer, new brake lines and 35X 12.5R 15 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws all for under 2000.
 
Broncoscare, I would suggest a 4" susp. lft and 33" tires, an all-terrain like BFG or Pirelli AT's for a general purpose trail rig. You still have good road manners with that combo, and can still go almost anywhere offroad. In my case, I went with a SkyJacker 6" lift and 35" mud tires, but my driving is 80% offroad and in mud on flat ground. It's true that alot of folks with a 4" lift wish they had gone with a 6", but those with a 6" like me often wish they had gone to a straight axle front end instead.
 
if most of your driving is onroad, then i would suggest an all terrain tire, i have swampers, and i like them, but i don't mind the rumble of aggressive tires. also the lower to the ground you are, the better handleing you will have. if you don't plan on wheeling much, a 4inch and 35's well be plenty. you will sit up, have good clearnce, without getting too tipy. i'm not sayin a 6 inch would be bad, i'm just sayin if you don't realy wheel, you don't realy need the extra 2 inches. if you plan on wheeling in the future though, the 6 inch may be the way to go, that way you won't kick yourslef later. i would stay away from rough country, tough country and pro comp lifts. these lifts tend to ride rougher, and being yours will be mostly street, you will want a smooth ride. don't go cheap on suspension, those parts will be in there a while, find yourself a set of cheap tires instead, then when you can afford good ones, buy the ones you want.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top