Lift Issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheTank
  • Start date Start date
T

TheTank

Guest
I just got my 83' full size Bronco..i am debating weather to put on it a 3" body lift on it or a Suspension Lift...Can anyone give me suggestions..pros n cons...please... <):)
 
Welcome to BroncoZone!!! I am no fan of body lifts, and none of my rigs have ever or will ever have a body lift. Go with a 4" suspension lift or trim the fenders if it's a beater. My $0.02.
 
I would go suspension lift. I saw a pickup with only a body lift out on some trails a couple years ago trying to navigate some downed trees and snapped 3 of his body mount bolts from the flex. I have a suspension lift and have had my Bronco teeter tottering on 2 wheels without a problem.

Roger
 
I say go with Suspension!

Cons of a body lift:
A body lift doesn't lift the frame up so you will end up getting high centered on obstacles. The body can come off easier in a wreck. It looks goofy. You have to move the bumpers up, sometimes modify steering shaft, stock suspension articulation.

Pros of body lift:
Driveline angles are same as stock. You can add larger tires & its east to install.
More room in engine compartment for a blower!
Pros of a Suspension:
Raises frame, more articulation, better ride on and off road, can add larger tires.

Cons of a Suspension:
Driveline angles... thats it...
 
Suspension lift is the way to go. They are not that expensive anymore, I got mine for about $700 for a 6" lift.
That included...
  • New drop pitman arm to correct steering
  • New variable rate front coil springs
  • Brake lines (Front)
  • Add-a-leaf, block and u-bolt kit for the rear
  • Six 8000 series shocks & shock boots
  • I-beam and radius arm drop down brackets
  • Heavy duty STEERING STABILIZER
  • All necessary hardware which is zinc plated
  • Complete instructions
I also bought new Polyurethane Radius Arm Bushings & Tie Rod Bushings

This is the Rough Country kit and I have heard there may be some trouble with it but I need to find a garage that is tall enough so I can install it. When I get it in I plan to get some photos of the work on progress.
 
I've got a Rough Country lift on mine and it's not bad as far as articulation. I haven't put it on an RTI ramp yet, but I think it would fair pretty good. I like the stiffness as a DD corning on the road. It handles very well. I bought my kit on EBay for only $525 with all those things listed.

Roger
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top