Leather Seats For My 82

viper

New Member
I want to install nice leather buckets in my 82, bolt in would be cool. But if I have to I can get out my mcgyver hat & do what I have to ,anybody know what'll fit ?
 
If your seat frames are in good shape, you can get the leather fabric and have them re-covered. I know the Eddie BAuer Bronco seats will work, too, and some Explorer seats. Iv'e seen seats from Porsches and Suburu's in a Bronco, so anything is possible with a little fab done on it.
 
It would be nice if I had leather. That's what I'm wanting. Or at least the half-leather. I don't know that I want to have an aphulstory shop do it. Maybe my mom might. :D She made some custom seat covers for my brother's back seat, and it looked nice.
 
What year seats were they? Since Cougars have been around since the 60's up until 2001-2? (Please let it be an MN12, or at least an 80's, [-o< since I have access to quite a few with my TCCoA friends. ^_^ )
 
Can't tell you exactly which year they are, as I didn't put them in, my son-in-law did, atleast I think he did it. He use to own the truck. He is in Afganistan right now so it's hard to ask him. The best i can tell youis theyare real comfortable and they have the oval hole in the head rest area. I'd guess they are post 80.

:)>-
 
Fred, would you have any pictures of your seats or be able to take any? I know they're not 89-97 from your description, but I haven't seen any in the 84-88 either. I looked at the few pictures you had on FSB or whichever site it was, but I didn't see any seat pics there. Thanks!
 
OK, just went out and took a couple of pictures. It's dark out so they didn't come out as well as they might in the day light.



:)>-
 
I have leather seats in my 96 eddie bauer and hate them. They're cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I wish I had cloth seats because they look and seam to be more comfortable.
 
That's a possibility but they are the most comfortable seats I have ever experienced. My son-in-law said they were from a Cougar but he could be wrong.

:)>-
 
Ya, I'm getting tired of my Bronco seats, cigarette burns and all. I can't find seat covers that work with the dual armrests, so if anyone can find them, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to do the Aerostar seats, if I can find some in good condition. Leather in them would be probably impossible.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top