Knocking

grande_guerre

grande mondiale
hey, i'm getting a knocking noise, or clicking noise when going up a hill or with a load on with my 84 bronco. any ideas to the possible cause? thanks all.
 
If you have pinging or clatter (dieseling), need to check the timing; vacuum advance on the distributor and EGR valve. Look for vacuum line leaks on last two, or check spark plugs. If it's a bonified tick or deep knock, you have internal problems, like a bad lifter or valve, or bad bearings. Check the oil for metal parts.
 
how'd you check the timing on your engine? I can't find the right angle to throw the light without anything in the way... And do I need to replace some computer part it the timing is off?
 
I come in under the AC compressor if I remember right, jsut get real close to the pointer. You don't have any computer on the 84. To adjust timing, you need to movethe distributor. I would first check the vacuum advance, that's usually the problem.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top