Knob In The Dash Of 77' Bronco

  • Thread starter Thread starter stefanniels
  • Start date Start date
S

stefanniels

Guest
Hello.

In the dash of my '77 Bronco there is a turnable knob between the ligt switch and the wiper switch, can anybody tell me what this thing does.

with regards from iceland :D
Stefan.
 
Stefan,
I can't tell you exactly what the purpose of that knob is, as my trucks have all had the switches placed differently.
My 77 has them placed like this...

headlights.......................wipers

ignition.....brake warning....lighter

my 69 like this
lights....... ignition.........lighter

hazards.. brake warning...wipers

The hazard switch will turn freely, it also pulls out about 1/4 of an inch.
Somewhere around '73/'74 Ford switched to a column mounted hazard switch.
Is there a chance that someone installed a dash mounted hazard light switch??
 
The bad thing about EB dashes is that every year is different and almost every plant was different. On my old 68 the lights & hazards were on the left side of the speedo. On my current 72 only the tank switch is there.
 
For some reason I think you are talking about the big silver knob that holds the windshield in place. If so thats all it does. Pull your top, unscrew the knobs and fold down the windshield.
Otherwise I'd need to see a photo of what you are talking about. Throughout all the years who knows what people have added.
 
For some reason I think you are talking about the big silver knob that holds the windshield in place. If so thats all it does. Pull your top, unscrew the knobs and fold down the windshield.
Otherwise I'd need to see a photo of what you are talking about. Throughout all the years who knows what people have added.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top