Kickdown Linkage for 79 F-150

Parker Phoenix

New Member
I need a kickdown control linkage for a 1979 F-150, engine type 400 modified, it is a 4x4. The truck has a 650 Holley carb so I guess I will need to get a conversion kit for it. Can anyone help?
 
does the carb have the ford kick down lever on it?do you have a kick down rod?there are 2 diff rods 2bbl and 4bbl.holley sells an extension for the 2 to make it a 4.they also have the carb hardware here's a link to one piece .a little more searching on the site and I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.
http://www.holley.com/20-60.asp
 
Holley didn't make a conversion kit for the 650 Double pump. I will have to swap out the carb with a street avenger to be able to have the passing gear.
 
Holley didn't make a conversion kit for the 650 Double pump. I will have to swap out the carb with a street avenger to be able to have the passing gear.
have you checked out lokar they make a number of assec. for carbs and trannys.just a thought.probably get better mileage with a vac secondary carb.
 
have you checked out lokar they make a number of assec. for carbs and trannys.just a thought.probably get better mileage with a vac secondary carb.

Yeah, the gas milage is awful, been thinking about getting a bigger tank. This is a 14 gallon tank on a truck getting 5mpg, being generous. Another carb is an option I'm studying also.
 
I need a kickdown control linkage for a 1979 F-150, engine type 400 modified, it is a 4x4. The truck has a 650 Holley carb so I guess I will need to get a conversion kit for it. Can anyone help?
dude weve got a 460 with a performer intake and QJET carb off a350 chevy. And we have kickdown! go look at a dodge with auto trans. We modified an upper linkage and intake pivot off a 318.made rod from pivot to trans from 3/8 steel fuel line.use the stud from dodge carb for linkage to slide on. Adjust upper rod so stud just fits in back of slut when kickdown on trans is pushed down and carb is at full open. from the montain! be brave boys mix up those parts. hillbilly
 
dude weve got a 460 with a performer intake and QJET carb off a350 chevy. And we have kickdown! go look at a dodge with auto trans. We modified an upper linkage and intake pivot off a 318.made rod from pivot to trans from 3/8 steel fuel line.use the stud from dodge carb for linkage to slide on. Adjust upper rod so stud just fits in back of slut when kickdown on trans is pushed down and carb is at full open. from the montain! be brave boys mix up those parts. hillbilly

You gotta love good ol' American inginuity....Godd idea//
 
Just the standard kit they sell in Jegs? Holley told me they didn;t make one for the 650 double pump?

I bought my kit from someone on ebay and honestly dont remember the brand .It looks to me like its pretty universal,being a cable you can route it almost any way you want to as long as its not kinked.But I cant swear it will work on a Holley I have an edelbrock.
Dale
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top