Kc's Or Roll Bar

Ktomek06

Moderator
Today, I will either be ordering 2 KC lights to put in my brushguard from a place in town or Ill be getting the roll bar off broncograveyard I have the money for one of them. Which should it be? Or should it be somethin else? I have no lift..so rolling is not a huge problem, also summer is almost over and Ill prolly be having the top and Ill prolly get more use out of the kc's..but i dunno

11161x1_small.gif
?

17621x1_small.gif
???


if kc's what kind and color....i like these stone guards
7211.jpg

or
7879ROLLBAR.JPG
 
I'd say go with the roll bar. You never know when your gunna roll.
My friends dad just rolled his stock 89 Bronco on the freeway and caved the roof to the dash. He was hurt very badly and wished he had a roll bar. He always thought the factory top had an internal roll bar. Nope! Just thicker metal from what I saw in the torn metal. KC's are nice for night driving on back roads only, if you don't do much off roading its not worth it. If you plan on the KC's make sure they are not 55w. Go with at least 100w+
 
go fer the rollbar.............thats the better choice i think
 
Rollbar!
Although KCs do make a truck stand out in a crowd :)
How much is that roll bar and does it fit inside with the top on, properly fit that is.. :)

A roll bar may be my next big investment for my bronco as I already have 7 KCs on it :D
 
Roll bar is way cooler than KC's, well at least to me. Go with the roll bar especially if you can add more to it later on, and kinda make it into an internal cage, and that would be way cool.
 
I agree. Rollbar. I was looking at it on broncograveyard.com and noticed one of them said glovebox modification required. What's that mean and how much modification?
 
the cage colvers the right side of the glove box so you have to cut the door down and fill in the empty gap in the dash. I've seen in the early Bronco's people cut the hinges so it opens and slides to the lelt out of the way of the cage.
 
Kyle, I told you what my next mod is going to be: 10-point roll cage. Even though you prolly will not race it at Van Vleck, you never know when someone in Bay City will pull out in front of you ( happens to me daily) or you have an accident. More than a few friends of mine have rolled their stock Broncos on gravel roads or on trails, so that's why I am getting the cage kit. The JBG rollbar is not as complete, but is still a good safety feature for $150. I would suggest that you tie it into the frame like we talked about. JSM84
 
Maybe $100 more now, but I paid $330 shipped to my door for the S&W cage kit. Have you seen the NAPA commercial with Alan Jackson? He's driving an EB with a chrome factory rollbar (sweet!). You have a PM, too, Randy JSM84
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top