Just got it

Burns

New Member
I just bought my first vehicle, a 1990 Ford Bronco XLT (stock as far as I know of, save for radio). When the heater is on for more than 2 or 3 minutes, it starts to make a grinding/humming noise. Any ideas on the cause? Maybe from not being used for a while?
Also, I'd like to know what are the biggest size tires/rims I can mount on it?
Any help'd be appriciated. Thanks.
 
Welcome to the Zone
clap.gif
. Good choice for a first vehicle B) Sounds like a nice truck. Be sure to post some pictures.

As for the heater noise, that is the fan motor. It sounds like the bearings on it are going bad. It is mounted on the firewall passenger side. Three screws and it's out. They are cheap, but check it when you pull it out.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Burns, if you still want your VIN deciphered, post it in the "VIN deciphering thread" i made for ya, seabronc can help ya out! B)
 
Cha,

In reference to tire size.. I have an 89 stock height w/ 32x11.50.
They do rub against radius arms. I have been looking into
(investment w/ tire expense) purchasing extended radius arms
(i.e. Rancho "check out RS 9000X adj. shocks too) to allow full travel for 33's.
33 x 12.50 on a 15 is a good optical fitted for the size of the Bronco wheel wells, "in opinion"
Good Luck, Have had mine for a good 7 years. Keep up on-er
and she will stay faithful. [-o<
 

Attachments

  • Jokercrea3.jpg
    Jokercrea3.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 42

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top