Just Died!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cascarufio
  • Start date Start date
C

cascarufio

Guest
Hey all, heard a lot of good things about the knowledge and people on this forum....hope you can help.
I have a 1986 full size Bronco. The other day I started it, and as soon as it was started it just died.....stopped. All electrical was out. No lights, no radio, no dome light when I opened the door. Not a sound when I turn the key. Any ideas....?

Thanks in advance!
 
Your truck has fusable links that are hooked to the starter solinoid. I'd first check the connection at the solinoid. take the nut off and clean the connection. I don't think it is your battery or altinator. When those links go they cut all power. One connects to a yellow wire about where the harness is just passing the fan. It has a 16 GA fuse link. it feeds the Start switch and when that is in run position most everything in the truck. The other 16 GA link connects to a black/orange lead that feeds Door locks, head lights directly and other lights thru the fuse block. Speaking of start switch if it doesn't detent into the run position most everything will go out. Now that I think of it, you should check it first. It may have come loose.

God luck, :)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top