Introduction And Fuel Problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter laars
  • Start date Start date
L

laars

Guest
I'm new to this forum, so before i get started i want to introduce myself. Name's Daniel, I'm a junir at UT Austin, and I drive an 86 ford bronco. This is my second one, the first one was an 87. Hopefuly one of these days I'll have time to buy and fix up an EB. :blink: I go to school, play all sports, work at lowes, and brew my own beer and hard cider. When I'm not doing those things I'm trying to keep my truck running.

Now to my problem. I've got a fuel leak from a part I don't even recognize. It's a round in-line black canister, right before the in-line pump. I can't find it in my chilton manual and I lost my haynes, and no one I have asked can tell me what it is or what purpose it serves. A few of them have given me unsure answers but I can't find any of those parts at any stores, so I'm sol here. Anyone know what it is? Does it even have a purpose?
 
That sounds like the fuel supply reservoir, if you have EFI. It keeps a constant supply of gas to the high pressure pump in front of it. I don't see one in the LMCTruck Catalog, so you may have to check with a Ford dealer if the local NAPA or PepBoys dont' carry it. And welcome to BroncoZone!!!

P.S.: OK is going down this weekend, right??? ;)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top